Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Weekend

This weekend Kenny and I did something we haven't done in a Long time...
hang out with friends!
Our great friends Jeff and Brenda came over from California to hangout with us 
Funny thing about these two is that:
1. Brenda and I go way back to the good ol days in St. Joseph 1st ward (Missouri), always there to make sure that our teachers were on their toes
2. Jeff and Kenny, crazy enough, met as companions on their missions in Las Vegas
Who would have thunk?  

Our first stop was the GRAND CANYON
side note: All growing up my dad tried to get us to come here, but my typical response was "No I don't want to go see a big whole in the ground" 
Well I'm admitting it now, I was wrong and the Grand Canyon is Much more then just a big whole in the ground... sorry Dad

This is us at the beginning of the day before all the hiking! 














 
Then we hiked down the canyon and realized we had to hike back up....
Kenny enjoyed the view...

while I was about to fall off
we hiked all around the South Rim 


















 
goofing around was a must

still fitting in time for a good smooch



this was a vacation for the books


Audios Grand Canyon, we Will be back to explore more
The rest of the weekend was filled with good food, games, tennis & swimming
+Also we got a great surprise on Memorial Day with the good news of a new niece! Congrats Tren and Angela on your baby girl Liesl (spelling is questionable)

Hopefully it won't be long until our next fun filled weekend!

                                

No comments:

Post a Comment