Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Kinley's Blessing

I have a baby...
and she was blessed...
by my husband...

Wow, I can't believe that I just said that! I mean, I guess I knew that this would all be happening someday... but not really! It's all so surreal, but I LOVE IT! While I was pregnant I heard a lot of "Oh you better get all the sleep you can now" and even "After you have kids you can never go back so have fun now," but I never realized until after being a mom that I'm okay with less sleep and I think everything is much more fun with a baby. I always used to wonder why parents would take their babies to places, like the zoo, when they obviously would never remember going, but now I get it. I can hardly wait to go to the pumpkin patch as a family, even though she will probably be asleep for most of the trip, just having her there makes it so fun and exciting. 

Well, back to Kinley's baby blessing, both Kenny and I's parents came to Arizona for the occasion and I just loved it.  This was Kinley's first time meeting her Grandpa and Grandma Pulsipher. She of course loved them and was totally spoiled by all their cuddles and gifts. There is nothing better then family time!

For some reason I was so nervous for Kinley's blessing. I kept imagining her just screaming through the entire blessing, but thankfully she did Perfect! Although, right before it was time for the blessing, I handed Kinley off to Kenny and then she dropped a BOMB!! Oh ya, She Pooped and everyone around heard it, but thankfully her diaper did it's job and held it all in because there was no time to change her. Kenny gave a great blessing and I was so proud of him. Our friends Devin and Ashley and their two boys were able to come for the blessing too, which was so great.Ashley even took some family pictures for us afterwards which I love.
Another side note about the blessing was that Kinley's blessing dress was made by my great grandma, which is her great great grandma. So special! 









Thanks Ash for the great pictures! I will always treasure these.

No comments:

Post a Comment