Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grateful

God is Good!
We are happy to report that both Kenny and I now have jobs.. woot woot!
I am a full time nanny for two young boys while
Kenny is working with troubled families and teens + doing tons of homework to earn his Masters degree
(Overachiever) 

Kenny starts his job on Monday and so hopefully everything works out there
I have been working for 2 weeks now
My jobs is filled with stressful times since the boys are 4 & 6,
but in the end I'm thankful for all that I'm learning about...
-different parenting styles
-things I want to focus on teaching my children
-ways of discipline
-important principles that will govern our home

It seems that each day now, Kenny and I always seem to be talking about
"well... when we have children" haha
but it's definitely a good thing because I want us to be the very best parents that we can be
thank goodness we have excellent examples to look to on both sides of our families,
but most importantly we have the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives to center us
The children that I nanny don't affiliate with any religious beliefs 
and so, consequently, parenting is just Harder!
Really, I dont know how people do it!
We have great church leaders, friends and most importantly 
our Savior Jesus Christ,
 to look to as an example in all things
without that, it's hard to know how to model good habits & attitudes in the home
the next best thing (sadly) is Sesame Street and Barney

Once again I am eternally grateful for Christ's Restored church here on the earth,
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

We decided to celebrate Kenny getting a job, by going to a fancy place for dessert!
Raspberry Cheesecake... GOOD CHOICE

so fancy!

ha this is the coolest thing I've ever seen!
These are found with all the sugars so that you can take one to put your gum into
and not under the table
if you look closely there are ever directions in the middle "Fold Here"
HaHa Little things like this make me happy



1 comment:

  1. Aw you guys are so cute! I remember when we first got married and we would discuss how we would parent....sometimes it would lead to an argument over something that hasn't even happened yet!! HAHA. Beware of that.... I love you guys!! And remember, we only live about 30-45 minutes from the beach. So if you ever want to come out, we have a massive, comfy couch! :)

    ReplyDelete